Student Life at Calvary
The Calvary Way
Help keep our student life activities funded!
Calvary students are encouraged to get involved in extra-curricular activities, learn new skills, meet new friends, and build memories during their time with us. Our extracurricular activities include:
- Student Council
- Praise Choir
- Drama Club
- One-Act Play Competition
- Thespian Competition
- TAPPS Competitions
Field Trips & Events
CEP recognizes the need for socialization as crucial for the development of our young learners. We offer a variety of field trips and school events, including:
- Dances & Prom
- College Visits
- High School Excursions
- Events & Eats
- Monthly ‘Ology Field Trip
- Grade Level Field Trips
- Academic and Performing Arts Competitions
Students must complete the following forms and return them to the front office or coach to be eligible for participation in athletics.
Lower School Athletics
- Pep Squad
Middle School Athletics
- Flag Football
- Boys & Girls Basketball
- Track & Field
Middle school students participate in the West Houston Christian Athletic Conference (WHCAC), which was established in 1992 by six Christian schools to provide competitive sports opportunities for students in the west Houston area. The WHCAC aims to promote Christ-like character and attitudes among athletes during athletic events. The WHCAC’s basic philosophy is based on four beliefs.
- WHCAC believes that God takes pleasure in seeing His children have fun.
- WHCAC emphasizes that all coaches should be men and women of God and serve as examples of honesty, integrity, and good sportsmanship to their athletes.
- WHCAC encourages student-athletes to recognize that the same dedication, commitment, perseverance, and attitude required to excel in academics and athletics are also essential for success as a Christian.
- WHCAC expects all member schools to prioritize maintaining the conference’s excellent reputation within their community, among their student body and parents.
High School Athletics
- Cross Country
- Track & Field
- Intramural volleyball
At CEP, it has been a tradition to commence each day in the Chapel, with the aim of introducing students to the fundamental principles of the Christian faith. The hope is that this religious education will lay the foundation for a compassionate and supportive community, enabling each child to reach their academic potential.
Our Weekly Chapel Schedule:
• Monday-Grades Pk-2
•Wednesday-All School Chapel
•Friday-All School Share Praise and Worship
Christian Character Education
Christian Character Education courses concentrate on nurturing values such as reverence for God, respect for others, responsibility for self, and in addition, trustworthiness, caring, fairness, and citizenship.
At Calvary Episcopal Preparatory, assisting others is perceived as a crucial aspect of a child’s growth and education. Over the years, we have contributed to various causes, such as Lunches of Love, Nery’s Promise, The Animal Shelter, Santa Behind the Badge, Adopt-A-Family, George Ranch Historical Park, Preston Street Gardens, as well as local nursing homes
Lower and middle school students attend weekly Bible Classes that teach the lineage of Jesus and the stories of the Bible. High school students have a degree requirement to complete Biblical Theology courses, from which we have a variety to choose from.
In the primary grades, kids discover the delight of crafting and communicating artistically. They are provided with a comprehensive learning environment that involves acquiring new techniques and exploring various art forms, such as drawing, painting, sculpture, clay, and others. Individual development and creativity are fostered.
As for upper-level art courses, students are presented with more demanding assignments and a broad range of artistic experiences that are delivered through conventional classes, with an emphasis on art history and digital media.
Students can participate in
- Local and national art contests
- National Junior Art Honor Society
- National Art Honor Society
- TAPPS Art Competition
Students in Beginning Band learn to read music and the basics of playing a band instrument in a Christian environment. They develop perseverance and teamwork in playing in an ensemble.
Intermediate Band builds on these skills with more complex music and multi-part pieces.
Advanced Band, spanning sixth grade through high school, sharpens technique and ensemble skills for challenging pieces across genres like chorales, patriotic music, and movie soundtracks.
Students can participate in the TPSMEA Honor Band and perform in CEP programs throughout the year.
Calvary provides a holistic performing arts education in general music, choir, public speaking, and theatre. It fosters confidence, self-awareness, risk-taking, and appreciation for the arts. Our program is known for our award-winning One Act play competitions!
- Music classes begin as early as Pre-k
- Choir classes are offered to Middle and High school students
- Drama Club is offered as an after school program for Kindergarten – 12th-grade students
- Junior Thespian Troupe 89215 (Middle School)
- High School Thespian Troupe 8355 (High School)